All well that ends well! And end well it will! All you need to do is top all your Father's Day efforts with that last cherry on the cake - dinner. Not convinced? You started the day with wishing your dad and even followed the wishes with gifts and/or cards and even surprises. But now, as the sun sets, your father is probably sitting in his room, convinced that the celebration is over. You can surprise him all over again with this last trick up your sleeve. Cooking dinner is also a good idea for those who forgot to wish daddy today. With the dinner recipes that we have, your dinner is going to be worth every effort you put in.
Some Easy Dinner Recipe for Father's Day
Sweet Sour Barbecued Ribs
Try making a sumptuous Father's Day dinner to give a perfect ending to this special day. Try some of our recipes mentioned below.
Father's Day Dinner Recipes
- 6 pound back ribs; cut in small serving pieces.
- 1¼ cup ketchup.
- ¾ cup water.
- ¼ cup honey.
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce.
- 4 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 small onion.
- ½ tbsp salt.
- ½ tbsp pepper.
- Mix together the ketchup, water, honey, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. Cook salt for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook ribs for one hour over medium - hot coals, turning occasionally.
- Brush ribs with sauce. Turn and cook for 20-30 minutes longer.
- 6 tbsp olive oil.
- 1½ cup Zucchini, cut into ½ inch cubes.
- 1 cup onion, yellow, coarsely chopped.
- 2 garlic cloves; crushed.
- 1 cup green pepper; cut into ½ inch cubes.
- 2 cup tomato canned; crushed.
- 1 tbsp chili powder.
- 1½ tbsp cumin.
- 1½ tbsp oregano, dried.
- ¼ cup Parsley, fresh; minced.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cup beans, canned; drained.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add Zucchini, onion, garlic and green pepper. Saute 10 minutes until softened.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano parsley, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook 10 minutes more on low heat. Adjust seasonings.
- Serve chili rolled up in a warm tortilla or on a bed of brown rice.
Baked Fresh Salmon
- 3 pound salmon.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- 1 tbsp black pepper.
- ½ tbsp Thyme.
- 3 tbsp butter.
- 1½ cup creme, light.
- 3 sliced onions.
- 3 parsley sprigs.
- 1 garlic clove, quartered.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 2 cucumbers; peeled and cut into strips.
- Combine salt, pepper and thyme and rub them rub all over the salmon.
- Melt butter in baking dish then add salmon and coat it with the butter.
- Add light creme, onion slices, parsley, garlic and bay leaf. Arrange cucumber strips around the salmon.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes or until the centre bone can be removed easily.
- Remove from oven and discard bay leaf, onion, parsley and garlic before serving.
The aforementioned dinner recipes do not call for too many or too complicated efforts. They are simple and yummy, just the way you like it! And they'd be delectable enough to keep your dad talking about them till the next Father's day.