We keep doing things which are liked by our mothers. We let her know her importance in our life in some way or the other. But it takes ages to us to come forward and express our gratitude to our Father, whom we love equally. But still something does not let us show our love and concern. You can make your father happy by doing something for him this Father's Day and make up for all the times that you didn't tell him how special he is. Cook him a lavish lunch. Read on for easy recipes.
Crunchy Chicken Wings
Come Father's Day, steer clear away from the regular greeting cards, and thank-you-daddy speeches. Instead let your culinary skills take over and treat your dad to an awesome lunch.
Father's Day Lunch Recipes
- Oil for deep frying.
- 1 cup all - purpose flour, divided.
- 8 tbsp garlic powder, divided.
- 6 eggs beaten.
- 3 cups crushed cornflakes crumbs.
- 24 chicken wings.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet. Combine ¾ cup of flour with 2 tbsp garlic powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with 4 tbsp of garlic powder. In another bowl, combine remaining flour with remaining garlic powder and crushed cornflakes.
- First coat chicken wings with flour mixture, then the cornflakes mixture, then the egg mixture and then the cornflakes mixture and place in oil. Fry chicken until it is golden brown and fully cooked through. Serve with blue cheese dressing or honey mustard, celery and carrot sticks.
Mushroom and Onion Grilled Pizza
- 3 medium onions thinly sliced.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter.
- ½ cup & 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for brushing.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar.
- 2 pounds mushrooms, cleaned.
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced.
- 4(12 inch) round of pizza dough.
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Saute onions in melted butter and two tbsp olive oil until caramelized. Saute mushroom in ½ cup olive oil in a separate skillet until golden. Season onions and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over dough and place on preheated grill. Cook until golden on one side and flip and cook until golden on the other.
- Remove dough from grill and top with mozzarella, mushroom, onions and blue cheese. Place back on grill, shut lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Watermelon Aqua Fresca
- 8 cups cube seeded watermelon, divided.
- 1 cup water, divided.
- 1/3 sugar cup, divided.
- 1/4 fresh lime juice.
- 1 liter club soda, or seltzer water, well chilled.
- Lime slices for garnish.
- Combine half the watermelon, half the sugar and half the water in a blender and puree them. Pour through a coarse strainer into a large container. Repeat with the remaining watermelon, water and sugar. Stir in lime. Refrigerate until well chilled, about 4 hours.
- To serve stir in club soda and garnish with lime.
With such easy recipes, your father is sure going to be floored with your efforts and culinary skills.