Somewhere in every dad lies a kid who like you, has grown up playing hangman and charades, putting pieces of jigsaw together and spending hours in solving Sudoku and brain teasers. Let this Father's Day be that one perfect opportunity to pamper the child in him. Skip the gift-and-card rut and spend some quality time with the man who contributed half your DNA by engaging in fun quiz sessions. "Father's Day" is the day reserved to honor fatherhood and cherish that one special person you call as 'dad'. Hence, any extra effort put towards in making the day extra-special is totally worth it. Host a Father's Day quiz and let everyone participate. That way, your dad won't just get ample opportunity to brush up his knowledge on Father's Day and get to spend time with the family, but also have loads of fun too. Here is a quiz to discover how much you, your dad or rest of the family are aware of the day and its history. Check it out.
Father's Day Quiz Questions
1. Who were the "Founding Fathers"?
a) The leaders of the American Revolution
b) The signers of the Declaration of Independence
c) The delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention
2. When is Father's Day?
a) Second Sunday in June
b) Third Sunday in June
c) Fourth Sunday in June
3. Who said, 'If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.'
a) Mark Twain
b) Sigmund Freud
c) Bill Cosby
4. Who is known as Father of History?
5. Which father and daughter have both won Oscars?
a) Bruce and Laura Dern
b) Gwyneth and Bruce Paltrow
c) Anjelica and John Hutson
6. What is the purpose of Father's Day?
a) To eat a lot of food cooked on a grill by Dad
b) To honor Dad and show him appreciation
c) To celebrate Father's Birthday
7. What inspired Sonora Smart Dodd to celebrate Father's Day?
a) Hearing a Mother's Day sermon
b) Her father's commitment in upbringing his children
c) Father's discipline at home
8. The National Father's day committee was formed in New York in which year?
9. Who is considered as 'Father of Symphony"?
a) Joseph Haydn
b) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
c) Ludwig van Beethoven
10. After his wife died, how many children did Mr. Dodd raise alone?
11. What date did Mrs. Dodd want to her minister to honor her father?
a) June 1
b) June 5
c) June 15
12. Saint Nicholas, the martyr behind "Father Christmas" myth, is from
a) Asia Minor
b) The Netherlands
13. What year did President Calvin Coolidge make Father's Day a national event?
14. To whom does the term "Great White Father" refers?
a) Santa Claus
b) The Pope
c) The U.S. President
15. In 1916, which president approved the idea of Father's Day?
a) Woodrow Wilson
b) John F. Kennedy
c) Calvin Coolidge
16. During what month did the Romans used to honor their dead fathers?
17. Which colored Rose is typically worn in case of a dead father?
18. In the Roman Catholic Church, who is the "Holy Father"?
c) The Pope
19. In Greek myth, who is the "Father of the Universe'?
20. 'Father Time' is also known as?
a) St. Nicholas
b) The Grim Reaper
The best gift you can gift your father on this Father's Day is knowledge. Let this Father's Day be the perfect opportunity to brush up your dad's as well as yours with fun quiz and trivia rounds.
Father's Day Quiz