Fathers play a significant role in every child's life. A father is the backbone of the family and takes care of every member in the family. It is for his selfless devotion that Father's day is celebrated all over the world every year. This is a day dedicated to fatherhood and it offers you an opportunity to express your love, concern and gratitude for the man who stands by you all your life. And what makes things even easier is the fact that daddies don't expect you to give them huge gifts; a small flower with a homemade gift can make them feel like they own the world. So think no more and read on to see what all gifts can be made at home this Father's Day.
Easy Craft Ideas For Father's Day
Ever considered homemade Father's Day crafts for dad? If not then maybe it's time you look into the easy craft ideas for Father's day mentioned below and surprise daddy with your creativity.
Homemade Father's Day Crafts
- 12" Round Key Chain
- Alphabet Beads
- Football Beads
- Small Round or Heart Beads
- Hemp or Jewelry Cord
- Tie two or three knots on one end of the hemp or jewelry cord; this will keep the beads from falling off.
- Now, from the loose end of the cord, string in two heart beads followed by a football bead, followed by the letters for the word 'EVER' with 'R' being strung in first.
- Follow the 'E' with one football bead and then string in the word "DAD" in the cord.
- String another football bead and then the word "BEST" with 'T' being strung first.
- Now, add a fourth football bead and two heart beads in the end just like you did in the starting.
- To keep all the beads close together, tie a knot very close to the last heart bead. Tie a second knot to secure the setting properly.
- Lastly, tie the long end of the hemp or jewelry cord, closest to the word "BEST", to the key chain and fasten the knot several times to secure the beads.
- Trim off the excess cord and your "BEST DAD EVER" key chain is ready for daddy.
- A Poem
- Construction Paper
- Clear Contact Paper
- Piece of Yarn/Ribbon
- Cut a strip of construction paper for the bookmark.
- Spread some paint in a plate and dip your fingers in it.
- Make finger-prints in the shape of flowers, sun, hills, etc on the construction paper.
- Write a small Father's Day poem, according to the size of the bookmark, on a piece of paper.
- Cut the poem neatly and glue it to the back of the bookmark and cover the entire piece with clear contact paper.
- Make a hole in the top and tie a ribbon or yarn through the hole.
- Your bookmark is now ready to be gifted.
Above mentioned are two small examples of what Father's Day gifts could be like. You can always improvise and work on simple things like pen holder, card holder, etc, depending upon your Father's taste and needs.