Father's Day is a big day for every individual. It is the right time to express our feelings to our fathers. You can express your gratitude and concern by various means to them. Good food is one of the ways by which you can show your love and affection to your father's. And an even better and specific way would be to cater to your dad's sweet tooth this year. Take responsibility of dessert this year and make him delights such that he'd never forget. Follow some of the basic and easy dessert recipes given below and make the day even sweeter for daddy darling.
Sweet Dessert Panini
Father's day is celebrated all over the world with great pomp and show. Some good dessert recipes that can add some more sweetness to the celebrations are given below.
Father's Day Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup hazelnut spread.
- 8 slices, white bread, cut ½ inch thick.
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthwise.
- 16 marshmallows cut in halves.
- Butter softened.
- Powdered sugar for dusting.
- Preheat the grill to medium - low.
- Heat hazelnut spread, so that it lightly coats the back of the spoon.
- Spread all slices of bread with a thin layer of hazelnut spread.
- Apply banana slices to 4 pieces of bread and marshmallows to the remaining 4 pieces.
- Take one slice of bread with banana and one with marshmallow and press them together, making a sandwich. Repeat. Apply a light layer of butter to each side of the sandwiches.
- Place each sandwich on the pre-heated grill for two minutes per side. Once cooked, cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal. Put sandwiches on a platter and dust with powdered sugar.
Raspberry Crumble Bars
- 2 sticks butter, softened, plus more for the pan.
- 2¼ cup of all - purpose flour.
- ½ cup granulated sugar.
- ½ cup light brown sugar.
- 1 cup rolled oats.
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt.
- 1 egg beaten.
- 1 cup raspberry preserves.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Add the flour, sugars, oats and salt to a bowl in your stand mixer. Add in the butter and egg and beat at low speed. Stop the machine and scrape the bowl a couple of times. Keep processing until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Keep two cups crumb mixture aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture on the bottom the prepared pan. Spread the raspberry preserves over top, leaving ½ inch border. Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the preserves.
- Bake until browned, 40-50 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Nonstick, nonflammable cooking spray.
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas.
- 2 tbsp butter melted.
- 1 medium banana thinly sliced.
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate morsels.
- 3 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar, plus more for top.
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon.
- Vanilla ice-cream, optional.
- Caramel sauce, optional.
- Preheat the grill to medium - high heat. Spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Brush 1 side of a tortilla with some melted butter. Place the tortilla on the grill, buttered side down.
- Arrange the banana slices on the tortilla. And top evenly with the chocolate morsels. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place the remaining tortilla on top to cover bananas.
- Brush with more butter and sprinkle some brown sugar on top. Grill until the chocolate melts and the bananas are soft, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Cut into wedges and serve with ice-creams and caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
These desserts are not only easy to make but also yummy to eat. Not to mention that they are not the regular desserts that you have everyday. Well, a special day calls for a special treat, right!