Father's are special and they deserve equal mention as that of mothers. This is why we have a dedicated Father's Day every year, much like the Mother's Day. The sentiment is the same, the celebration is same and even the concept isn't very different. However, there is one aspect, in which the two days differ. You see, while mums appreciate sentiments and deep emotional cards and speeches, dads are more likely to be impressed by humor. Not that they don't understand emotions, they just happen to take the light stuff better. So, here's presenting humorous Father's Day quotes to give you a head start.
Humorous Father's Day Quotes
Finding a funny quote for the Father's day greeting is quite a task. But we just made it simpler for you by providing the following humorous Father's Day quotes.
Funny Father's Day Quotes
- "Every father should remember that one day his son will follow his example instead of his advice" - Anonymous
- "My father was often angry when I was most like him." - Lillian Hellman
- "My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass"; "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys" - Harmon Killebrew
- "A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." - Enid Bagnold
- "To be a successful father there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years" - Ernest Hemingway
- "My father hated radio and could not wait for television to be invented so he could hate that too." - Peter De Vries
- "Fathers are biological necessities, but social accidents." - Margaret Mead
- "Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected." - Red Buttons
- "Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then, fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again." - Jimmy Piersal
- "If the relationship of father to son could really be reduced to biology, the whole earth would blaze with the glory of fathers and sons." - James Baldwin
- "Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards." - Robert Orben
- "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." - Tim Russert
- "Be kind to thy father, for when thou wert young, who loved thee so fondly as he? He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue, and joined in thy innocent glee." - Margaret Courtney
- "It is impossible to please the entire world and one's father." - Jean de La Fontaine
- "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." - Mark Twain
Remember all those times when your dad made you laugh like crazy? This is your chance to make him roll with laughter. Make the best use of it!